Customer experience is critical to the success and longevity of a hospitality business. The more you improve customer experience, the better it is for the profitability and reputation of the hospitality brand. The capacity to attract and retain customers is at the core of any hospitality brand’s success story and this can only be possible through the creation of an optimized customer experience. We will explore the overwhelming importance of customer experience to hospitality businesses.
1. Repeat patronage and customer loyalty: This is the number one benefit of optimized customer experience. When a customer finds service to be satisfactory, the likelihood of returning for that same service goes up exponentially. When it comes to hospitality businesses, customers look for an experience they can relive a thousand times. Creating a business that prioritizes customer experience makes you the go-to choice for memorable experiences.
2. Builds reputation: Reputation can be decisive in whether a hospitality brand thrives or dies. Interestingly, customer experience is largely responsible for shaping a hospitality brand’s reputation. Positive customer experience directly translates to a strong and positive brand reputation and vice versa.
3. Evokes a sense of belonging: Many would argue that the hospitality business is very sensitive. This is largely true as it pertains to the feelings of people. A customer visiting your restaurant is effectively saying that she trusts your restaurant to take care of his culinary experience. When you excel at providing a brilliant experience to your customers, it evokes a sense of belonging and trust. And this is what exactly drives brand loyalty.
4. Eliminates competition: Creating a unique customer experience is what distinguishes your hospitality business from the competition. When you have cultivated a system that guarantees memorable customer experience, it effectively sets your brand apart from the competition.
5. Drives positive review: One thing that could make or mar a hospitality business and it is the customer review. Every customer in the hospitality industry is looking for an experience. And you best believe that every customer will review their experience either formally or informally via word of mouth. When you offer impeccable customer experience, you earn positive reviews which culminate in creating a formidable reputation. On the other hand, negative reviews could do irrevocable damage to a hospitality business.
Customer experience is the bedrock of the hospitality industry. Every customer visiting a hospitality business is looking for an experience. Therefore, the key to profitability, sustainability, and longevity is the prioritization of customer experience. The more memorable, exciting, and pleasurable the experience, the better for the overall reputation of the business.